LET’S PLAY AS A COMMUNITY!
A #SlowFlipChat is a combination of using the slow chat model on Twitter and Flipgrid. We are currently on a SUPER #SlowFlipChat edition, meaning we will be discussing ONE topic per month, where ONE question will be posted EACH WEEK. The month long format gives us a chance to slow down even more so that we can listen carefully to each other, take in ideas, and apply new strategies during the course of the week. It gives us a focused point of connection that can flow between sharing examples and resources on Flipgrid and Twitter, and opportunities to extend conversations before shifting to a new question. This is our opportunity to not only discuss, but to start to put more action behind our conversations by allowing time to process and experiment as we develop and refine the art of teaching and learning.
Be sure to check the #InnovatingPlay hashtag on Twitter and to be following us, @jlabar2me and @PintoBeanz11, to catch the Flipgrid link and continue the conversation on Twitter.
EVERYONE IS INVITED TO PLAY. Play is not limited to an age range. Play is for everyone! So, regardless of what grade you teach, what content area, or your role in education, YOU are invited to play!
- Chat discussion topics for the #InnovatingPlay (SUPER) #SlowFlipChat will be the duration of a month. A new grid will be posted on the first Sunday of each month
- ONE question will be posted in the grid on Sunday of each week
- Questions will be open for the week, and will be made frozen when the next question is posted.
- Questions will be posted on Twitter to serve as a reminder, and for those who would like to expand the conversations on that platform
- You can still expect and intro question and a reflecting question, they will be included with the first question and last question respectively.